This week we will be exploring ways to express our feelings. We will read a number of books about expressing our emotions, including When Sophie Gets Angry – Really Really Angry, Feelings, The Way I Feel, How Do Dinosaurs Say I’m Mad, The Feelings Book, and Glad Monster, Sad Monster. The class will participate in art, drama, music, and dance activities to help express feelings verbally and non-verbally in appropriate ways. In our literacy center we will be introducing the letter Ff, and we will be working on letter recognition and writing activities. We will read My Family, and Froggy Goes to a Restaurant. We will also learn and recite autumn and Halloween poems, and we will create our own Halloween / autumn stories. In our math center we will measure the circumferences of our pumpkins, create Halloween patterns, and we will introduce the number 5 through a variety of games and activities. We will work on Five Little Pumpkin activities, based on the poem, and we will play a Five Little Ducks game. In our science center we will continue to work on our Autumn Harvest project. In our prayer corner, we are exploring the lives of the saints through books, dramatic activities, and prayer in preparation for All Saints Day, November 1st.
- I would like to thank Mrs. Zivic, Theo’s grandma, for visiting our class last week and reading Halloween books to the children! The story time was interactive, and the children had a lovely time! Thank you!
- On Thursday we will have Show and Tell. Please have your child bring in something that is purple. Your child may also wear purple on this day.
- On Wednesday, October 31st, we will have a Halloween party in class! I will send you a separate letter with details.
- Ice Cream Day is on Fridays! Your child may buy an ice cream treat for an after lunch snack. Please send in $2.00 in an envelope on Fridays if you would like your child to have ice cream.
Have a great week!
Nursery Halloween Party
Our class will be having a Halloween parade and party on October 31th! Our Nursery class will parade through the school and “trick or treat” at the upper grade classrooms! We will also have a class Halloween party.
- Your child may dress in costume! Please choose a costume that is manageable for your child, especially in the bathroom. Your child may want to remove the costume at some point during the day, so please have your child wear clothes under the costume, as necessary. Costumes must be appropriate and non-violent characters. Please do not have your child bring in masks or accessories, such as light sabers, swords, wands, etc. Your child may bring in a “trick or treat” basket/pumpkin/bag (labeled with your child’s name) for the parade, which will include trick or treating at the second floor classrooms.
- For the party, each child should bring in an extra water or juice box. If you would like to donate cupcakes, cookies, fruit, chips/pretzels, or goody bags (19 children) for the class, please let me know. Please remember that all goodies should be NUT FREE! Thank you!
We are looking forward to this special day!