Queen of the Rosary Catholic Academy was established in 2010 and builds on the traditions of the schools affiliated with the Williamsburg parishes of St. Nicholas and Our Lady of Mt. Carmel.
Founded in 1865 by the Sisters of St. Dominic, Amityville, NY, St. Nicholas School has a long history of academic excellence in the Williamsburg community.
The campus at the Our Lady of Mount Carmel site was previously known as Northside Academy, following a merger between Mt. Carmel Academy, a middle school, and St. Vincent de Paul School, a Pre-K through 5th Grade school.
In 2010, the two schools were converted to the Diocese of Brooklyn’s newly established Academy model, which has a two-tier governance model composed of Members and Directors. The Members are appointed by the Bishop of the Diocese of Brooklyn and are the prime sponsors of the Academy. The Directors are approved by the Members and are the governing body of the Academy.