Posted on June 9, 2018
Welcome to Nursery!
Our Nursery classroom is a place where each child explores, creates, and experiences the world through a rich, varied program in a warm and nurturing environment. These years are a time of tremendous growth in your child’s life, and our program is designed to promote the holistic development of your child. Each day your child will participate in literacy, math, science, social studies, music and movement, and expressive arts activities in the various classroom learning centers.
Each child will also have daily opportunities for work on the classroom SmartBoard and personal computers. There are daily opportunities for independent exploration and learning, as well as whole group physical activities and free play with friends. Your child will form friendships, and grow in self-confidence and self-sufficiency in an atmosphere of respect for the uniqueness of each individual and the dignity of each person. Our program is designed to nourish your little one spiritually and intellectually through activities that promote cooperation and respect, and through project work that allows for the meaningful application of developing skills. Most importantly, your child will be encouraged to develop a loving relationship with God and a compassion for others.
Please join us for Circle Time and visit our beautiful classroom. We look forward to being partners in your child’s education!
This is our last week of the Nursery school year. It has been a wonderful year for all of us! It has been a privilege and a joy to be a part of your children’s lives, and to watch them learn, blossom, and grow. Thank you for all you do, and for supporting all our work in class!
This week we are taking time to celebrate our accomplishments, review what we have learned, and enjoy each other’s company. We will also celebrate the completion of our Children Around the World project, and your child will be bringing home his/her portfolio. I am so proud of their achievements!
- If you have not done so already, please be sure to submit the $20 fee by tomorrow in order for your child to participate in the Nursery Celebration. We are presently making purchases for the event. Thank you! Please remember to refer to the Nursery Celebration paper, which went home in your child’s folder, for details about our celebration on June 18th. (The letter is also posted on our Nursery website.)
- Our Walkathon is tomorrow, Tuesday June 12th.
- I will be posting photographs of our Nursery children, classroom activities, and school events on our Nursery website page at the end of June. Please check our website!
- Thank you to Madison’s grandpa, Mr. George, for presenting a puppet show and playing the trombone for our class last week!
- Thank you all for your constant support this year! It has been a pleasure getting to know all of you!
Ms. Rodriguez and I would like to wish you all a happy, healthy summer! May God bless you all!
With warmest wishes,
Posted on June 3, 2018
We have two more weeks left of school! Ms. Rodriguez and I are enjoying every last moment with this wonderful class!
We have begun practicing each day for our Step-Up Celebration. This week we will continue to practice for our performance. We will also review letters, phonics, and numbers. We will complete our Children Around the World project. We will continue to spend time outside each day. The children will also work on self- initiated art projects each day.
* We are beginning to clean and pack up our classroom. Please have your child bring in toys to play with during playtime each day. The toys should be durable, and should not include little pieces that could become lost. (I also would ask if you would refrain from sending in action figures that may encourage aggressive play.) In addition to these toys, your child may continue to bring in a soft toy to cuddle with at rest time. You do NOT need to send in a blanket this week. Thank you!
*Our last day of Nursery will be June 18th. Please refer to the letter that was sent home last week in your child’s folder. (It is also posted on this webpage.)
Have a great week!
The 2018 NURSERY CELEBRATION
Dear Parents, family, and friends,
You are cordially invited to join us for our Nursery Celebration on June 18, 2018 at 10:00 A.M. in the Monsignor Vetro Auditorium (below St. Nicholas Church). Our class will give a brief presentation, and each child will receive a certificate of program completion. Refreshments will be served immediately following.
The day of the celebration, June 18th, is our last day of Nursery. Your child should arrive at the classroom at 9:30. You may then proceed to take a seat in the auditorium while we prepare for the presentation. Your child may wear dress up clothes for the occasion. Your child does not need a backpack or snack on this day. Our class will process from the classroom to the auditorium at 10:00 A.M. The presentation and celebration should last about one hour.
Please be reminded that all tuition and boosters must be paid in full for your child to participate. There will be a $20.00 fee to help with the cost of refreshments, decorations, and gifts for our class monitors. The fee is due by Friday June 8th. Please complete and return the attached form indicating how many guests will attend. Thank you for your assistance in this matter!
I look forward to seeing you all there! I am so proud of all your children, and feel so privileged to have been their teacher this year! Thank you for all your support throughout the school year! Let’s celebrate!
Posted on May 28, 2018
Welcome back! I hope you enjoyed the holiday weekend!
I want to congratulate all of your children on a wonderful performance at the Spring Show! I’m so proud of the Yellow Submarine kids!
It is hard to believe that we are entering the final weeks of school! This week we will continue our Children Around the World project. In our literacy center we will review letters and sounds each day, write our names, and work on word building activities. We will read chapters from Little Bear, and Frog and Toad Are Friends. We will also work on creating our own, original story books. In our math center we are working on counting, addition, and subtraction activities with numbers 1-10. In our science center we are observing the caterpillar to butterfly metamorphosis in our Butterfly Garden; we are presently observing the chrysalis stage. In religion we are preparing for the feast of Corpus Christi.
* On Thursday, May 31st, our school will participate in the postponed Walkathon and excursion to Cooper Park. Please be sure to sign and return the new permission slip. Please be sure to refer to the Walkathon letter posted on the Nursery page (https://queenoftherosarybrooklyn.org/nursery/) on the week of May 14th.
Have a great week!
Posted on May 20, 2018
This week we will continue our Children Around the World project. In our literacy center we will be reviewing letters and sounds each day, and working on word building activities. We will read Bill and Pete Go Down the Nile, Why Mosquitoes Buzz in People’s Ears, How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World, and Emma. In our math center we are working with numbers 1-10, patterns, and measurement. In our science center we will be learning about living vs. non-living things, and we will learn about various animal habitats. In religion we will celebrate Pentecost, and the Feast of the Most Holy Trinity.
1) I want to thank all the parents who joined us for the in-school “Walkathon” day last week and made the day enjoyable! Please be sure to sign the new permission slip for our upcoming Walkathon and Cooper Park excursion!
2) Our class is performing in our school’s annual Spring Show on Tuesday evening at 6 PM. Please be sure to have your child arrive at the auditorium at 5:30. I look forward to seeing you there!
3) Please be reminded that school will be closed on Monday, May 28th, for Memorial Day.
Have a great week!
Read all posts in Nursery ›