– Our Pre-K for All classroom offers a safe, caring environment for children to learn, grow and play.
– We offer writing, reading, listening, math, science, block, building, dramatic play, puzzle, art, and music centers.
– Technology is incorporated into our daily activities through Smartboard activities and computer use.
– The values of compassion and respect are emphasized.
March 12, 2018
This week in our “Water” unit, we will examine what happens when water changes temperature. We will observe both ice and water, and we will sort items as solids and liquids. We will also learn about the water cycle (evaporation, condensation, precipitation).
In our literacy center, we will identify the letter Vv. We will work on phonemic awareness and sight word activities. We will begin a Leo Lionni author study during story time. In our math center, we will continue to explore measurement. In our science center, we will learn about rainbows. This week we will also use the Smartboard to research information about Ireland in preparation for St. Patrick’s Day.
- Parent-teacher conferences will be held on Thursday March 22nd. Please call the school office to schedule an appointment.
Have a wonderful week!
We’re exploring light and space in our “Light” unit!
We had a blast celebrating Catholic School’s Week!
We are learning and growing in so many ways!
We started our January unit: “Transportation”
We made built and decorated “gingerbread” houses!
We enjoyed our Thanksgiving feast!
Every day is an adventure!
Look at the pumpkins we decorated for the Pumpkin Decorating Contest! Great job!
We made pumpkin play-doh!
We are working on math and literacy activities!
We love reading, crafts, and painting!
We’re exploring pumpkins!
We made Candy Corn parfaits using tangerines, pineapple, and cool whip!
We drew laying down to imitate Michelangelo painting the Sistine Chapel!
More fun in Pre-K!
We made applesauce, worked on letter identification and writing activities, played outside, and built our school using blocks!
We were working on shape activities, exploring natural items in our science center, and playing outside last week!
We also read “Ten Apples Up on Top” and tried to balance apples on our heads!
We’re having so much fun in Pre-K!