October 13, 2017
Time is truly passing quickly. As I think about the time that has passed, I am pleased to observe that the children, parents, and new and senior teachers, have transitioned nicely into this new academic year.
During this month, we have much to look forward to.
- We had our picture days, Blessing of the Animals, Anti-Bullying Day, and awards assembly for Grades K-8.
- The Chocolate Sale ends today. Thank you for your generosity.
- Our TerraNova Testing began on October 10 and will run through October 20.
- On October 20, students will wear pink to support Breast Cancer Awareness. All funds raised will go directly to Breast Cancer research.
- The Second Annual Benefit Dinner is Wednesday, October 18.
- Some of our Eighth Graders will be taking their SHSAT on October 21 or October 22. Good luck to our students.
- Decorated pumpkins should be brought to school from October 23 through October 27. Certificates and free snack vouchers will be given to the participants on Tuesday, October 31.
- The next HAA meeting is on Tuesday, October 24.
- Mid-Trimester Progress Reports will be distributed on Wednesday, October 25.
- The Second Annual Lunch-O-Ween event will be Saturday, October 28.
- Student Council has been very busy this month planning a Spirit Week from October 30-November 3.
- Registration for Nursery has begun for the 2018-2019 Academic Year. We have many interested new families. However, if you or someone you know is interested in our program, have the family contact me or come each Tuesday during Touring Tuesdays.
As you can see, October is and has been a very busy month. However, I am most proud of the donations that we were contributed by you, your families, friends, and the faculty for both Puerto Rico and Mexico. The devastation that took place was unbearable to those affected. Hopefully, the generous donations will help to alleviate some of the many pressures that the citizens are facing. Your unrelenting generosity shows the type of strong and vibrant community that we have. It is during times of strife and adversity where we band together to assist and help those in need. These times show that true strength of human character comes from the ability to unite behind a common good. Thank you for your generosity, and thank you parents for volunteering your time to ensuring that all donations were brought to the distribution site.
Speaking of our strong community, we have a very active and involved Home Academy Association (HAA) . Without our collaboration, efforts such as the donations collected may not be as successful. Therefore, I urge all parents to be active participants. Each meeting serves one major purpose. That purpose is to organize and execute school events for the children. In order to organize school events, we have our HAA officers: Javier Cortes, HAA President, Lisa Mancini, newly-elected HAA Vice-President, April Padilla, HAA Secretary, and Maria Benedetto, HAA Treasurer. These four HAA officers are here to help organize events and the volunteering of events. If you are interested in being more involved, please email the HAA at HAA@queenoftherosarybrooklyn.org.
As always, I hope that you and your family continue to enjoy the community that we continue building. I look forward to ensuring that our Academy continues to flourish towards a very successful future.
James A. Daino