March 27, 2018
As third trimester progresses, I remind myself of the excitement that the Queen of the Rosary Community exudes. This excitement energizes me each day. With that said, there are many amazing things that are happening this trimester. Here are some of the many things that are happening:
- Registration is still underway. Please submit any registration forms as soon as possible. As always, please call the office if you have any questions about the registration process. If you are interested in filing for a scholarship, please visit futuresineducation.org as soon as possible- awards are given on a first-come-first-serve-basis.
- PreK for All Registration- The application process for our free UPK program will end on March 30, 2018. If you or someone you know needs to complete the application, please complete or have the parent complete the application. If you need any assistance with the application process, see me.
- New York State Testing: Grades 4, 6, and 8 will be taking the New York State English Language Arts Test on April 11 and 12; the New York State Mathematics Test on May 1 and 2; and Grades 4 and 8 will be taking the New York State Science Performance Test during the week of May 23 and the New York State Science Written Test on June 4. Although the school has materials, please ensure that your children have #2 pencils for the Scantron and written responses. If you have any questions about the testing procedures, please contact me at your earliest convenience.
- Honors Awards Assembly- The assembly will be held on Friday, April 13.
- Mathletics Math Bowl- The Annual Mathletics MathBowl will be held from April 15 at 2:00PM until April 22 at 1:59PM. Recall that last year that our eighth grade was the top eighth grade in the entire Diocese and came in second place, overall, while the second grade was the top second grade in the entire Diocese and came in sixth place, overall.
- Mathletics Accolades-Last year, we received a total of 887 certificates. So far this year, our students received a total of 1,265 certificates. These certificates break down into: 1022 Bronze, 200 Silver, and 43 Gold. Our goal was to reach 1,000; therefore, our new goal is to reach 2,000.
- Pizza Party for the Red Team-Congratulations to the Red Team for winning the Penny Challenge. The pizza party for the Red Team will be held next month. Details will be sent home.
- Saturday Morning Classes- I want to thank Ms. Pascale Aime and Ms. Lisa Scheer for holding Saturday morning review classes for math for Grades 4, 6, and 8.
- VIRTUS Training- Our teacher, Ms. Mary Gering, and parent, Mr. Javier Cortes, are VIRTUS Facilitator Trainers. They hosted their first VIRTUS training session on Saturday, March 24. Thank you for hosting the event!
- Walk-A-Thon- The Annual Walk-A-Thon will be on Thursday, May 17.
- Spring Show- The tentative date for the show will be on Tuesday, May 22.
- Grade 8 Dance- The end of the year dance for eighth graders will be on Friday, June 1.
- WMAAC Surveys- Thank you for submitting the surveys! The next page shows the results of the surveys in percentages of those who submitted the surveys. In late May/June, the organization will run a pilot one or two day class to show students the kinds of activities that they do with the children.
- New Art Mural- I want to thank Mr. Emet Sosna, our art teacher, Ms. Deirdre Slakman, our first grade teacher, and the students who designed and worked on our new Art Mural. During art classes since the end of the Mural Club during the first trimester, the students and Mr. Emet Sosna have been busy bringing the vision to life. An Art Show and Mural Reveal will take place in the future. Details will be distributed next month. The theme of this mural was about community and togetherness.
Visit Facebook and LIKE our page. The location of our page is: Facebook.com/QueenOfTheRosaryCatholicAcademy. Our page contains many great pictures and news about what is happening in the school. Please SHARE our Facebook with your friends, so that they know all about our wonderful Academy.
As always, know that your opinions are vital to the school community. Therefore, I hope that you know that even if you cannot attend the Home Academy Meetings that you are still a member of the community. Check our calendar to find out about future HAA meetings. Also, if you want to be involved but cannot come to the meetings, contact HAA@queenoftherosarybrooklyn.org to inquire. Your continue support is important to all of us
On behalf of the entire school community, I want to wish all of you a wonderful Spring recess.
James A. Daino
|Dance Making (Modern Dance)||46.67%||10.00%||0.00%|
|Arts & Crafts||73.33%||10.00%||0.00%|
1st -5th Grade Survey Results
|Dancemaking (Modern Dance)||43.33%||13.33%||6.67%|
6th-8th Grade Survey Results
|Choreography (Modern Dance)||42.86%||7.14%||0.00%|
|HS Auditioning Training||28.57%||14.29%||7.14%|