September 12, 2017
On behalf of the faculty and staff at Queen of the Rosary Catholic Academy, I am excited to welcome you to the 2017-2018 school year! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you in order to ensure our children can achieve their individual academic best. It is vital that in order for students of Queen of the Rosary to be successful in school, we must ensure that there is a strong support system that permeates from both the home and school. We know that this vibrant relationship will build a strong and unified bridge that will allow for our childrens success. We will do our very best by providing an academic environment that is enriching, challenging, and rewarding. We ask that you guide and support your childs academic endeavors and goals by ensuring that he/she:
- Completes all written assignments given by the educators
- Arrives to school daily and in a timely manner
- Reads each day in order to develop stronger literacy skills
- Informs you of any needed support in order to gain the skills to meet challenges
- Shares school experiences with you
- Knows that you expect them to work to the best of his/her abilities
Here is a list of some of the great things that will be happening this month at Queen of the Rosary:
- Implementation of Mathletics, Reading Plus, iProgress Monitor, 3-D Printing, and Fluent Citys Spanish program.
- Students from Grades 2-8 will be assessed by using Reading Plus this Friday, September 15, 2017. Their individual reading abilities will be discovered after analyzing the data from their performance on this assessment.
- Home Academy Association Meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 6PM.
- Our 3-D Printer is networked and ready for printing.
- Google Classroom and Mathletics training for students will be done on Tuesday, September 26, 2017.
- Our new Student Council will be chosen this month. The names of students from Grades 5-8 have been sent to the office and elections will be held.
- Our Home Academy Election for the Vice-Presidential Representative will be held on Tuesday, October 3rd, 2017. If you are interested in being nominated, please see me, so I can introduce you at the upcoming Home Academy Meeting.
Last year, Mathletics was an important tool used by the students in grades 3-8. Now, the entire school from K-8 will utilize Mathletics. Last year we had reached a total of 887 total certificates. The highlights of last year included: Ms. Aime was our Champion Teacher, three students were rated as the top students in our school, eighth grade and second grade were ranked second and sixth, respectively during the Mathletics Math Bowl as well as being the tope classes in their specific grade, and our school took the Platinum School Award for being the top school in our region within all of the Diocesan schools. All of this was accomplished in only one year, and in our first year using the program.
Thus, our two new programs are in the beginning stages of implementation: Reading Plus and Fluent City. I am looking forward to both seeing how our students reading scores improve over the course of the year as well as their Spanish language skills.
As always, I look forward to a productive and wonderful year. Our collaboration and partnership is stronger than ever and continues to fuel excitement throughout the entire school community.
|a. Please LIKE our Facebook page by visiting: Facebook.com/queenoftherosarycatholicacademy
b. Seats are available in our PreK for All Program. If you know anyone interested, refer them as soon as possible.
c. Future Principals Letters will be posted via the website and Facebook page and sent electronically.
James A. Daino