May 3, 2017
I do not know about you, but I cannot believe that the month of May has arrived. It seems like only yesterday we began this journey together, and my first year at Queen of the Rosary began. Thus far, it has been an unbelievable and unforgettable year. This has been due to the diligence and collaboration of the administration, parents, teachers, and students. Our collaboration has ensured a solid foundation that will promote and foster our strong community. This strong community would not be possible without the strong presence and collaboration of our Home Academy Association.
First, CONGRATULATIONS to our 8th graders for successfully competing in the Diocesan-Wide Math Bowl that was held from April 2 through April 9. Representatives from Catholic Telemedia Network (CTN) and DeSales Media will be here on May 10, 2017 to honor the 8th grade with a class trophy, class certificate, individual student certificates, and a pizza party. Second, CONGRATULATIONS to our 2nd graders and 8th graders for finishing as the top 2nd and 8th graders in the entire Diocesan of Brooklyn out of over 900 classes that competed. Great job!
This month we have much to look forward to.
- Teacher Appreciation– Thank you for your generosity. The teachers had a wonderful experience on May 2nd. The Home Academy Association worked extremely hard to ensure that the funds raised maximized their experience. The teachers were overwhelmed with elation. Thank you again!
- Home Academy Association meeting is Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 6:00PM.
- Registration is ongoing so register to ensure your seat at Queen of the Rosary for the 2017-2018 Academic year.
- PreK for All Registration for those who received a Round 1 offer is underway. You have to be registered to hold your seat by May 9, 2017. Therefore, if you received an offer, please set up an appointment before May 9.
- Seasons of Love Spring Show– May 12, 2017 is our Spring Show. Please purchase your tickets as soon as possible.
- Walk-A-Thon– May 18, 2017 is our 3rd Annual Walk-A-Thon. I want to thank all of you for working hard to bring those sponsors into our school and being generous.
- The new 3-D printer has arrived. Some features of the printer include its ability to scan existing items and print those items as well as its wireless capabilities to print, remotely, from the classrooms.
- Choral Risers have arrived and are being prepared for the Spring Show.
Mathletics has really been motivating students by increasing their enthusiasm for this academic area. Our students have received 696 Bronze Certificates, 98 Silver Certificates, and 6 Gold Certificate since the beginning of the year.
Visit Facebook and LIKE our page. The location of our page is: Facebook.com/QueenOfTheRosaryCatholicAcademy. Our page contains many great pictures and news about what is happening in the school. Please SHARE our Facebook with your friends, so that they know all about our wonderful Academy.
As always, know that your opinions are vital to the school community. Therefore, I hope that you know that even if you cannot attend the Home Academy Meetings that you are still a member of the community. If you cannot come to the Home Academy Association meeting, please come to enjoy some Coffee, Cake, and Conversation at 8AM in the Board Room on May 9, 2017.
James A. Daino