This week we will be reading and dramatizing the story of the Passion and Resurrection of Jesus, in preparation for Holy Week. We will also be working on related Easter art activities in our art center. In our literacy center we will be learning the letter Yy. We will continue a unit on poetry that we began last week, and we will read poems from Robert Louis Stevenson’s A Child’s Garden of Verses. We will continue to work on letter recognition and phonics activities, writing our names, and word building activities in our literacy center. In our math center we will work on number recognition activities, addition and subtraction activities, and we will be learning about symmetry. In science we are learning about the season of spring. We will also begin working with weights and measures. In social studies we will continue to work on our Communities Around the World Project with a study of First Nation art, music, dance, and stories. We will also continue to learn about New York City landmarks, and continue working with maps.
- I want to thank Officer Montesdeoca, and Mrs. Montesdeoca, for visiting our class last Thursday! Mr. Montesdeoca gave a presentation about the job of a police officer, and the children were presented with their own badges! The children enjoyed the visit! Thank you so much!
- Tuesday, April 9th, is picture day!
- We will be making Easter baskets next week! Each child will need one clean half gallon carton (milk or juice) to make his/her basket. Please send in your child’s carton this week so we have time to prepare all the baskets. I thank you in advance!
- Thank you so much for sending in natural items for our spring science center! Please continue to send in items! The children love exploring the table!
- Next week is Holy Week! On Tuesday, April 16th, we will have an Easter party! Please consider sending in fruit, chips, pretzels, cupcakes, cookies, or other snacks for our celebration, or treats for the Easter baskets. Please be reminded that all items must be store-bought, and NUT and SOY FREE! Thank you!
Have a great week!