This is an exciting week! We will have our school Walk-a-thon and Field Day on Monday, and our Annual Spring Show on Thursday evening! Please be sure to check the letters that went home last week regarding these school activities.
Our caterpillars have entered the chrysalis stage in our classroom Butterfly Garden! Please ask your child about this exciting project! You are most welcome to stop by to see this project!
This week we will continue our social studies project about Communities Around the World with a look at communities in Europe. In literacy we will read Madeline, Rumpelstilskin, and Strega Nona. We will continue to work on letter recognition and phonics, decoding CVC words, and rhyming words. We will also be working on story mapping in preparation for an upcoming creative writing project. In our math center we are working on addition and subtraction activities, and number recognition. In science we are recording observations of the caterpillar to butterfly metamorphosis. In religion we are completing work on our individual prayer/Gospel stories booklets.
- Thank you to Mrs. Gisser for visiting our class and reading a Haitian tale, Margaret, to the class last week!
- I want to thank Mrs. Ciarapica for purchasing flower leis for the children for the Spring Show! I will distribute the leis on Thursday night when you arrive for the performance.
- Our school Walk-a-thon is on Monday! Please be sure to refer to the Nursery letter that was sent home last week regarding this special day.
- Our last day of school, and the Nursery Step-Up Celebration will be held on Monday, June 17th at 9:00 A.M. I will send home a letter with details next week.
- Please be reminded that we will dismiss at 11:45 A.M. on Thursday. There is no Afterschool on this day.
Have a great week!