It was wonderful meeting you at Orientation last Thursday! I am so excited to begin this new school year with your children!
This week will be a time for making new friends, and learning to work together as a classroom community. Your children will get to know one another during our circle time meetings through various games and group activities, and during free play. We will read stories about going to school, making friends, and sharing. Some of the books we will read will include Spot Goes to School and Rainbow Fish, and the Nursery rhyme, Mary Had a Little Lamb. We will also read stories about summer, such as Mouse Loves Summer, Spot Goes to the Beach, and Harry By the Sea. Your children will begin to explore our learning centers. In our literacy center we will work on retelling stories and creating personal story responses. In our science center we will explore seashells, coral, and other natural items in our science center. In our math center we will begin working on sorting activities. In religion, we will begin to learn our morning prayers. On Thursday and Friday we will begin our full day schedule.
- Please be sure to complete and submit the school Emergency Card and two Nursery Teacher Information Sheets as soon as possible. Make sure to inform me of allergies and medical concerns before school begins on Monday.
- Please be sure to send in a full change of clothes as soon as possible.
- Please send your child to school with a healthy snack and drink each day. Please include a non-spill water thermos for use throughout the day, as well. (Make sure your child’s name is on the thermos!)
- School breakfast and lunch begins on Thursday for Nursery. Please send me a note in the daily correspondence folder to let me know if your child will be having school lunch. Thank you!
- Our schedule this week is Monday – Wednesday 9:00-11:45 AM. However, beginning Thursday, Sept. 12th, please be reminded that our daily schedule will be 8:00-2:30. Arrival will be in the main entrance hall. Dismissal will be outside the school entrance. Please make sure that whoever picks up your child introduces himself/herself to me so that I can account for each child at dismissal. I appreciate your cooperation!
- Please join me for the NURSERY Back to School Night meeting on Tuesday evening, Sept. 10th, at 5 p.m. in our Nursery classroom. We will discuss the Nursery program for this year. I hope to see you there!
Have a great week! The beginning of the school year is always a time of adjustment, but it gets easier! Your child will have lots of fun this year! I look forward to working with you!